Thursday, April 7, 2011

Celery Soup

To backtrack a bit, because this is worth remembering, I'd love to share a celery soup recipe I made this week with the celery I received in my last box. Since soup is my favorite food, you'll see many soup recipes along the way. I decided that I wanted to use my celery for soup since Phil does not care for raw celery at all. I was having some friends over so thought that just in case they were also not fans, turning celery into soup would be the right way to go. This celery soup recipe was a hit! It was so spicy and lemony in an unexpectedly awesome way. Although I did have to purchase potatoes, I had onions from my box I could use as well - bonus! One of my guests has already inquired about the recipe and how she's craving more. I'll spare you the picture - imagine "green!" What I love about this is that it easily made 6+ servings (eating 5 of 6 right now) and intend to enjoy the last bowl on a cold winter day, which in Chicago means anytime until June.


2 Potatoes -- Cubed
1 bunch Celery -- Chopped
1 Onion -- Chopped
2 tablespoons Butter
1 tablespoon Curry Powder
1 tablespoon Ginger,cubed
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 quart Broth
Salt And Pepper -- To Taste
Lemon juice
2 ounces Butter


 
Saute the onion and potatoes in the butter, add the seasonings. Stir well; add celery and add broth. Put in salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.


Puree all in food processor or blender and season with lemon juice. Mix in the butter. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment