Thursday, April 7, 2011

The New Ice Cream

As I sat on my couch last night watching my three-hour Gossip Girl Netflix DVD, I couldn't help but begin to crave something sugary and sweet. After raiding my pantry, fridge, and freezer, I came to the conclusion that the only dessert I would be eating tonight was a spoonful of peanut butter. But then, I came across a recipe online called 'banana soft-serve' and my mouth started to water. Conveniently, I received bananas in my box on Monday that were ripening quickly, so I chopped them up and threw them in the freezer for later use. This recipe was titled, "this post will change your life" , and it did just that. The only ingredients required are a food processor and frozen fruit.


I took one frozen banana, about 5-6 frozen strawberries, and 10 frozen blueberries, threw them in a food processor with a splash of almond milk, and let it run for about 3-5 minutes. The fruit may seem dry and crumbly at first, but after awhile, turns into this glorious whipped consistency and VOILA! raw strawberry-banana-blueberry soft-serve is created!


Now me being an ice-cream/frozen yogurt/any kind of dessert junkie, this creation is not only satisfying in taste, but seriously filling as well. Check out the website below for more raw recipes of deliciousness!


http://www.choosingraw.com


No comments:

Post a Comment